Emily Diamond is a 28 year old professional athlete currently training at the University of Bath. Emily grew up in Bristol, and enjoyed most sports as a child. She played county Hockey, competed for England at Rounders, and qualified for the U14 Road to Wimbledon Tennis Finals, which took place at the All England Club, when she was only 11 years old. Emily achieved her first Great Britain Vest in Athletics for the U20 European Championships, while in her final year of school.
Having achieved straight A’s at A Level, Emily went on to study at Loughborough University, where her international success continued and she qualified for her first Olympic Games, London 2012, at the age of 21. Since then, Emily has become one of the country's top 400m athletes and has won multiple international medals including Olympic Bronze in 2016 and World Championship Silver in 2017.
- Up to 30 minute talk about her career and journey to Olympic Bronze.
- Aim to leave children feeling inspired and able to achieve their dreams no matter how big or small.
- Behind the scenes insight to the life of a professional track and field athlete.
- 60-90 minute in depth talk about Emily’s career and journey to Olympic Bronze/World Silver.
- ‘Show and tell table’ – handle & take photos of kit, equipment & medals.
- Question and Answer session.
- Opportunity for a greater in depth discussion
- Video Montages.
- ‘Introduction to sprints and relays.’
- Up to 60 minute session.
- Teach the sprint drills Emily would perform in training and pre competition.
- An introduction to starting blocks.
- 4x100m and 4x400m relay exchanges.
- If you are interested in something slightly different to the above 3 options, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Emily to discuss other possibilities as Emily is pretty flexible with what she can offer.
- A series of masterclasses. For example 1 masterclass per week for 5 weeks in the Summer term.
- Sports team/ 1 on 1 mentoring.
- Prep School and Junior School booking.
- Assisting with coaching at a school/regional Athletics competition.
Empowering Students to...
What people say
Emily was a fantastic guest speaker at our school. From the moment she arrived, she was vibrant, enthusiastic and approachable. The talk and Q&A session we received left our pupils, many of whom were sports scholars, feeling motivated and driven to follow their own path with more focus and perseverance.
K. Bradley. Deputy Director of Sport .
Emily shared her passion, enthusiasm and knowledge of sporting development with both students, parents and staff during informal meetings, lessons, and, an incredibly articulate and enthusiastic Sports Assembly. During this assembly presentation to 600 students & staff, Emily told her story, the highs and the lows, the hard work and determination required to achieve her goals and her experience at London 2012 and Rio 2016 Olympics. Emily’s passion, enthusiasm, mental toughness, resilience and drive have been a credit to her and a total inspiration to anyone she meets.
I would whole heartedly recommend Emily to deliver motivational presentations to both adults and young students.
L. Redman, Head of Academic and curricular PE
Prior Park College
Emily provided a wonderful insight into what it was like to be an Olympian, an athlete and how ‘rocky’ the road to stardom can be! It is as much the ‘journey’ Emily has been traveling, as well as the fantastic success she has achieved that was appealing to our senior pupils, staff and parents at our recent Sports Dinner. The video clip of her bringing Team GB back into the 4x400 meter final at Rio with an impressive ‘third’ leg of the relay, brought a wave of applause!
D. Hacker, Director of Sport
King Edward's School
Emily visited our school as part of a Muller promotion. Her personality shone through from the start of her whole school assembly, the children and staff were gripped! Emily spoke dynamically about what it takes to be an athlete and her amazing international career. When working with year groups, Emily took time to speak in depth with the children, thoughtfully answering their questions. Her passion and dedication for sport was inspiring for our children and aspiring athletes, to see. Interacting with 310 primary children can be intimidating for seasoned teachers, but Emily's visit left our children buzzing with excitement. Thank you.
J. Taylor, Assistant Headteacher
Harewood Junior School
Having Emily visit our Primary School was an amazing experience for our kids. The way she spoke about her career and motivation was totally inspiring and she was happy to answer so many questions (some more relevant than others!) with such enthusiasm. We are immensely grateful that she made the effort to come in and share her life with us.
Headley Park Primary School
My eldest daughter came home from school today grinning from ear to ear, and hasn't stopped talking about sport and fitness - clearly the visit from Emily Diamond to her school today had a positive impact!